Monday, October 1, 2007

Overwhelmed

Forgive me for being rather… behind.

See, balancing a full-time job with outside interests is a much more challenging task than you could imagine. It’s not that it can’t be accomplished – in fact, being that I am taking part in two professional and personal passions, I’m banking on that – it’s that the initial weeks can take a lot out of you mentally as well as physically. However, I’ll be the first to tell you that whatever you wish to pursue in life, don’t forget to breathe once in a while before you get overwhelmed.

That said, there have been so many articles on the back-burner and even more thoughts that whittle through my head during the day. When I have been pushed into a writing quasi-hiatus (I’m still the Giants reporter for the New York Beacon, after all), I would come back with a hodge-podge of ramblings in a way of saying “I haven’t forgotten, fools!” Yet, in the past month of blogging withdrawal, I’m sensing that the doom-and-gloom that sets over the sports world won’t go away anytime soon. It’s too bad, really. With the recent news of Operation Raw Deal, the Bill Belicheck videotaping scandal, the desposed quarterback of the Atlanta Falcons, the albetross called management at Madison Square Garden, the collapse of the Mets (and rise of the Yankees which makes for a collective moan from the rest of America) and the verbal scuffles within the US women's soccer program, there is a very good chance that you have missed actual noteworthy sports events in the past month.

I haven't, of course, and there are at least ten drafts that are sitting in my laptop waiting to be finished. Instead, here's my hodge-podge:

Mets fans, firing Willie Randolph makes no sense and you know it.

Yankees fans, congrats. Now, meet the Cleveland Indians pitching staff.

Red Sox fans, pray to (insert deity here) that Manny can help.

Fans of American League teams, this is your last year of dominance.

Philadelphia fans, mad respect to your Phillies. Now, shut up and console Donovan McNabb.

College football fans, there are close to 120 D1 programs and realistically, five of them can think of a national title. Your sense of entitlement amazes me.

College basketball fans, there are over 300 D1 squads. Your entitlement issues are far worse.

NBA fans, this is going to be a great season with or without casual fans and despite the gambling scandal. Don't walk away so quickly.

NFL fans, your team is not as good as you think or as bad as you think after four weeks. Except Miami.

Again, NFL fans, if you root for your fantasy team harder than your actual favorite team, you should be banned from the internet for ten years. Minimum.

NHL fans, quit whining about Versus. If you can find Spice on Demand, you can find Versus.

Finally, Jason Clinkscales, do some work.

Say What?!?!: Take a walk with me.

Coming Soon: ADverse Reaction

No comments: