Thursday, January 24, 2008

Pro-Cut

Some of you may be aware, but I have always been intrigued by more than box scores. In fact, you may have been the beneficiary (or victim) of a book from my growing library of sports culture and business books. When in college, I found out that I wasn't the only person who was obsessed (or aware) of sports as an industry. The vast resources in school and beyond led me to an area in sports media that is relatively unexplored by the fans, but heavily parused by corporate executives and consultants.

One of my favorite sports media people doesn't break down game footage or write opinion articles on recent coaching hires. Instead, he's probably the mainstream guru of the sports business (compared to some of the academics such as Andrew Zimbalist).

Darren Rovell, now with MSNBC and previously of ESPN, posted this interesting article regarding a disgruntled NBA fan who wanted to buy a pro-cut jersey from the league's online store. The video itself is... well, he had a lot of time on his hands, but for those of us who collect or would like to collect league apparel, this may be of interest.

No comments: