Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Stadium Visit - Finally Inside Yankee Stadium

Here you go. Long awaited, I know, but hopefully you enjoy it.

Unsurprisingly, I was limited in what I can actually show. Why? No point in explaining.

However, let me just say that despite the mixed reviews from fans and media, friends and colleagues about the new Yankee Stadium, I was much more impressed than I thought I would be.

Now, does it unseat Pittsburgh's PNC Park as my favorite or the best in the majors? No way, yet because the Pirates aren't what we call a very good team, it does not get the national recognition it deserves. However, the new Stadium is a tremendous upgrade from the old Stadium; far more spacious (at the sacrifice of less seats), better views of the field, more comfortable seating (at least from where I was at) and an undeniably amazing display of the franchise's history.

Of course, I expect many of you will feel differently. Yet, at least this near-7:00 video will give you a glimpse of what millions of fans will enjoy for decades to come. Do take in a game and see for yourself... if you can afford it, that is.

In all likelihood, I'll be here again, but for another event coming up. I will be intrigued by the seating configuration for that event, but more details later.



For more pictures, check the slideshow below.

No comments: